The Glover Park Concert Series on the Marietta Square is the place to be in Marietta the last Friday evening of each month April through September. The park is the perfect setting for families and friends to enjoy a picnic and listen to music under the stars. The concerts are part of Marietta’s yearlong 175th anniversary celebration.
The group Brookwood Split kicks off this season’s Glover Park concert series April 24 at 8 p.m. and will perform oldies and R&B.
Table reservations for the first concert of this year’s series are on sale now in the Parks and Recreation Department at City Hall.
Concerts are rain or shine. Blankets and lawn chairs may be set up after 4 p.m. No personal tables are permitted in the park. However, they may be set up on North Park Square after 5:30 p.m. A limited number of tables are available for rent on the first working day of the month for that concert.
2009 Series Performers
- April 24: Brookwood Split (Oldies/R&B)
- May 29: The Return (Beatles Tribute Band)
- June 26: Infinity Show Band (Beach/Oldies)
- June 27: Cobb Symphony Orchestra
- July 31: Grapevine (Rock n’ Roll/Beach)
- August 28: The Mustangs (Pop/Oldies)
- September 25: Ryan Casper (Country)
The free concerts are presented by the Marietta Parks and Recreation Department and the Downtown Marietta Development Authority.
- Marietta Board of Lights and Water
- The EPI Companies
- Haynie, Litchfield and Crane
- Marietta Business Association
- Marietta Welcome Center
- Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage-Marietta West Cobb
- Pit Stop
- Republic Services
- Croy Engineering LLC
- Keep Marietta Beautiful
- Brand Energy and Infrastructure Services
- Pugmire Lincoln Mercury Isuzu Suzuki
- Vinings Bank
- News/Talk 750 WSB
- Marietta Daily Journal
For more information, call Marietta’s Parks and Recreation Department at 770-794-5601.