1. See below for the upcoming events – Neighborhood Meetings and Town Hall Meeting.
2. The council, this week, passed some new ordinances and changes to existing ordinances. They are listed below briefly (if you would like more information let me know):
A. We passed a four-sided architecture ordinance. This requires new buildings to be built incorporating design elements into each of the four sides of buildings.
B. Surface parking standards revisions to the existing ordinances. This requires all new parking of any vehicle on any lot in any district that accommodates vehicles up to 8,000 lbs. be concrete, asphalt or brick. If you would like to use decorative stone or any other material you would need to have a variance approval.
C. Tree protection and landscaping revisions to the existing ordinances. This addresses landscaping of parking lots and planted borders parallel to the roadway.
D. Home occupations ordinance. This addresses home occupations so that they have little or no effect on the surrounding neighborhoods.
3. I have made the decision to move forward with the construction of sidewalks on the city right-of-way along South Woodland drive. This decision has been a difficult one and one that I have thought long and hard about. I believe them to be an absolute necessity in our community and especially along busy neighborhood streets. Those of you who look on this news negatively should understand that we all have a duty to offer persons who find themselves walking this busy stretch, for whatever reason, a safe place to travel. And those of you who look on this news positively need to know that this change will not be easy for some of the affected homeowners. I take no joy in their displeasure.
4. If you have not heard the Marietta Mill Lofts is under foreclosure. This will not affect the TAD obligation with the city. The Community Bank will take over the ownership and the TAD (tax increment) will still be paid back to the city.
5. Council will be addressing the following items in the near future and I would like to continue to hear comments from you in regards to: Residential/commercial Tree Ordinance, Traffic Calming, Historic Preservation, Redevelopment and any other items on your mind.
Have a great weekend,