1. City Council is discussing making changes to the intersection of Kirkpatrick and Whitlock Ave. You can visit the following link and give me your input in regards to your thoughts.
2. Don’t forget the city will be hosting a Tax Allocation District Educational Seminar on Tuesday, Feb. 7th at 6pm-8pm in the City Council Chambers at City Hall. The Seminar is sponsored by the Atlanta Regional Commission-Community Planning Academy. The objective of the seminar is to provide a comprehensive overview of TAD’s and the why’s, how’s and what’s of a TAD. Everyone is invited to attend to get the information and ask questions. (see the attached flyer).
3. School Board Community Forums have been cancelled. There have been additional discussions and possible changes to the Hickory Hills Elementary closing and the possible relocation of the Marietta Center for Advanced Academics in the facilities plans by the school board during their working session today. In result of their discussions the community forums for Feb. 5th and 7th have been cancelled. More information will be presented in the MDJ tomorrow or you can contact school board members Randy Weiner at 770-427-4956 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tony Fasola at 770- 425-0303 or email@example.com.
4. Please mark the following date on your calendar for Ward 3/Ward 2 and Zone 5 next Town Hall Meeting on Wednesday, April 18th at 7pm in the City Council Chambers of City Hall.
5. The City Council will have a Special Called Meeting next Thursday, Feb. 8 at 5:15pm at City Hall. in regards to review of the Master Plan Agreement for Franklin Rd. This has to do with the 70+acre tract that ABG Development company wants to redevelop.
6. The Historic Preservation Commission will have a Special Called Meeting next Wed., Feb. 7th at 7pm to discuss the Georgia State Partnership regarding Design Guidelines for the Kennesaw Avenue Historic District. The HPC has also been working hard to gather data for the Manning Property on Manning Rd. to designate the site a Historic Homesite.
7. The Cobb County Comprehensive Transportation Plan will hold a public meeting on Feb. 20th from 6-8pm at the Board of Commissioners Meeting Room. Visit the following
website: http://www.cobbdot.org/ctp for updates.
8. Planning and Zoning Commission will meet on Feb. 6th at 6pm in regards to the following rezonings, annexations and ordinance amendments. If you have specific questions please contact me or the planning department at 770-794-5669.
A. 20061411:100 Hardage Dr. rezone from Rural Residential to R-2 and annex from the county to the city.
B. Rezone 2 billboards on Powder Springs and annex from the county to the city.
C. Rezone Dorsey Apartments from Residential High Rise to Planned Residential Development Multi-family. This will allow the Marietta Housing Authority to add additional single family attached dwellings to the property.
D. Other items that will be discussed are making amendments to the Parking in Residential Districts and amendments to the Sign Ordinance.
Please see the upcoming events below and the City E-NEWS.